IRELAND ELOPEMENT PACKAGES
There’s no better place in the world to Elope than Ireland and Northern Ireland. Whether your Ireland elopement will be just the two of you or a small outdoor wedding, I am here to help you have an Incredible, unique wedding day
Northern Ireland is my backyard! I know the best spots, some insane ones that even some of the locals don’t know about. I have shot so many elopements and couple sessions over the years in the outdoors here so I know the perfect time of day to capture the light, in the right locations.
As an Elopement photographer here in Northern Ireland I am here to guide you through the entire process. I help plan and guide you through the whole process. I have teamed up with the absolute best Northern Ireland local vendors who get what eloping is all about and love elopements as much as I do, I want the best for our eloping couples. So I’ve got your Ireland elopements sorted.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY IRELAND ELOPEMENT PACKAGE?
- Starts with four hours of coverage
- IRELAND ELOPEMENT GUIDE AND RESOURCES: Each elopement is totally unique in so many ways. I customised each elopement to suit you both down to a tea. I will create custom timelines that work in the best light for each location we visit on your elopement day
- ELOPEMENT GUIDE You will receive an elopement guide packed full of information with preferred local vendors, what to pack, and locations
- MAP AND PERMIT INFORMATION: Depending on where you decide to elope, some locations here in Ireland and Northern Ireland require permits and/or a small fee. All this depends if you decide to go down the legal route here in Ireland. I will handle the research for you so don’t have to.
- PREFERRED VENDORS: I’ve teamed up with a team of vendors that I trust and have worked with in the past that also specialise in Ireland elopements.
- PRIVATE ONLINE GALLERY: You will receive fully edited, ready-to-print photos with a link to share with your family and friends.
TOP 5 TIPS TO REMEMBER WHEN PLANNING YOUR IRELAND ELOPEMENT
- THE WEATHER The Irish weather is unpredictable at all times of the year! It’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get. In light of this, I think this is all part of your Ireland elopement adventure. One minute you could be saying your vows in the sunshine, next to watching a rainbow in the distance. in General, the best months for warmer weather are in May and June, July August, and September.
- SUNSET TIMES here in Ireland during the summer months is quite late. During the months of June, July, and August, the sun does not set until 10 pm depending on how sunny the day is, it can even be bright until 11 pm. So if you are wanting some sunset photos, take that into account.
- SUNRISE TIMES If you are hoping for a sunrise ceremony, the sun rises between 5 am to 6 am between the months of May and August
- IRELAND IS BIG ON LOCATIONS Ireland may seem like a small place, but it is truly big on incredible locations. You really are spoilt for choice.
- ELOPE ON A WEEKDAY Irish people love to get out over the weekends, especially to some of these incredible locations for your elopement. I always advise my couples to Elope on a weekday and avoid public holidays, especially Easter week, as the kids are off school and everywhere gets busy.
ELOPING IN NORTHERN IRELAND, WHAT AIRPORT SHOULD I FLY INTO?
Most of my couples fly into Dublin International Airport as most flights fly directly to Dublin. It’s just over two hours to travel from Dublin to The North Coast in Northern Ireland. If you are traveling from Europe or London, then you have the option to fly into Belfast International
IRELAND ELOPEMENT SPOTS
Ok, so Ireland is well known for its castle ruins, cliff tops, incredible green fields, and views for miles. We also have some beautiful beaches, rocky mountains, and much much more. There is a reason why Game of Thrones was filmed in Northern Ireland!! Check out the link below, it will take you to a more detailed guide of locations here in Ireland
SHOULD WE ELOPE ON A WEEK DAY OR WEEKEND?
I mentioned this briefly earlier, but here are more reasons why I think you should Elope on a weekday
- PRIVACY I don’t know about you, but when I eloped, I wanted total privacy to be myself without prying eyes of tourists and locals. You will have way fewer tourists hanging around your special spot during the week.
- It’s much easier to book your ceremony location Many of these locations that are popular for elopements and on private lands will require reservations. I am currently taking bookings up to a year on places like Dunluce Castle.
- You can enjoy the local touristy things on the weekend. If you have a midweek elopement, you can enjoy the local, bars and restaurants, explore the popular locations at the weekend while you are still here, get to know the locals, and have some craic and relax.
- More vendors are available many vendors I work with work on weddings that take place in a venue over the weekends, like caterers, make-up artists, florists, etc. There will be more chance of them being available for your elopement midweek.
SHOULD I HAVE A SUNRISE OR SUNSET ELOPEMENT?
You can’t go wrong with a sunrise or sunset elopement, both are perfect for much better photos.
If you wanted a Sunrise elopement here in Ireland, that might mean a 3 am wake-up during the months of May, June, and July, as the sun rises at 5 am. it can be the most incredible part of the day and totally worth it.
Sunset Elopements is the most popular choice here in Northern Ireland. I absolutely love sunsets, as the light slowly dips behind the mountains creating the most incredible light. It’s the perfect opportunity to have a picnic, chill out together and watch the sun go down. Keep in mind, the sunsets here quite late during the summer months. So a picnic is a must 🙂
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ELOPE IN IRELAND?
Eloping will cost way less than a traditional wedding. Even when you factor in the cost of traveling to Ireland and paying for accommodation, it will still cost so much less. Plus you get an epic adventure as well as a honeymoon thrown in.
- PHOTOGRAPHER £1800-£4000
- LOCATION PERMIT £0-£250 – Depending on your location and if you go to the legal work here, some places are free. Some places like Dunluce Castle is £250
- CELEBRANT £600- £700 – Most of my couples particularly from the States, get the legal paperwork out of the way before coming to Ireland. They will either have a ceremony and read their vows by themselves or have a family or friend officiate the wedding
- HAIR & MAKEUP £200-£400
- FLORAL £150 this depends on what you are getting. From bouquets to styling your ceremony location.
- TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION You need to factor in your flights, accommodations, car rental, etc. Many people opt to stay in air b&bs and they can be much cheaper and is a great way to split the cost if you are bringing along some family and friends. It’s also a great idea to stay in an air b&b if you have guests as you can host a mini dinner party and hire a local chief.
IRELAND ELOPEMENT LAWS
If you have decided you want to do the legal paperwork here in Ireland, whether that be a religious or a civil ceremony elopement, in the Republic of Ireland, your ceremony must be done by a registered solemniser or a humanist. This can only take place on a location with a postal address or at an identifiable landmark and be accessible to the public. So no random field or private property.
You will also need two people present, over 18 to be your witness. Your photographer can be one witness and if you get a videographer they can be your second. That is, of course, you are eloping without guests. You must give notice of at least 3 months before your ceremony and apply for a marriage visa.
You can find more information HERE
If you are Eloping in Northern Ireland, your elopement ceremony must be done by an officiant if you require a religious ceremony, a Humanist Celebrant, or a register for secular weddings. Again, you will need two witnesses over 18 years of age. You will need to give notice of your marriage within 12 months of your elopement, a minimum of 28 days to apply for a UK marriage visa.
You might decide to do the legal paperwork at home and save all that hassle, so you can have your ceremony here. That’s the most popular route my couples take. it means you have more choice for your ceremony backdrop. You can also bring along a friend or family member to officiate.
HOW SOON SHOULD I START PLANNING MY IRELAND ELOPEMENT?
Believe it or not, the shortest time frame I have ever had in planning an elopement was one week!! So as crazy as that sounds, it can be done quite quickly. In light of this, I would however try to plan it a little earlier than that. So you can factor in your marriage license, your wedding outfits, flights, accommodation, etc. I get requests for the next year, to the next month.
HOW LONG IS A TYPICAL ELOPEMENT IN IRELAND
A typical elopement here in Northern Ireland can be 6 hours. That covers, getting ready shots, first look, ceremony, and two other locations and possibly a pint at the local pub, all depending on the locations chosen. As couples often choose 8 plus hours so they can explore more of the landscape and include activities.
PREPARING FOR THE IRISH WEATHER
The weather in Ireland can be unpredictable. One minute it can be raining, the next pure sunshine and blue skies. During the winter months and early spring, we have seen days with rain, sun, hailstones, and rainbows all in one hour. The thing about Irish weather is, it changes so much. You might check the weather forecast and its giving rain, but that might just be for a small portion of the morning. So don’t let the weather put you off. I personally think stormy weather makes for some of the most incredible experiences and of course photos.
- EMBRACE THE WEATHER You never know you might love the experience in saying your vows in the rain. I have had couples in the past elope in the rain and absolutely loved it. They danced, they laughed they even had a rainbow appear.
- BE PREPARED. If you really don’t want to get wet, be prepared to work around the timings. If its giving the weather to be just far to wet and stormy, be prepared to change your ceremony time from say, sunset to sunrise, or vice versa.
- AGAIN BE PREPARED Bring some rain coats, waterproof hiking boots, If you choose to get married in the winter months, bring along some hand warmers and some leggings for under your dress. Choose a colour that will not be to noticeable, like your skin colour or the same colour as your dress. You will be so glad you did.
LOCAL VENDORS FOR YOUR IRELAND ELOPEMENT
Over the past six years of shooting Elopements, I have worked with some incredible local vendors. So I have chosen a list of only the best for you guys. These guys will make sure to provide you with the absolute best for your elopement.
Here is a list of the type of vendors I can help you with for your Ireland Elopement
I am obsessed with wedding bouquets. I always like to think if I wasn’t an elopement photographer I would be a florist!! So naturally, I have a list of the best florists here in Northern Ireland for your elopement.
• HAIR & MAKEUP
I know some of the most incredible hair and makeup artists here that create beautiful work yet make sure you still look like you
I can pair you up with a videographer with a similar style to my work and will work in a similar way to me. It’s a great way to remember your epic trip to Ireland
If you decide to hire a celebrant for your Ireland Elopement, I have got you covered!
ACCOMMODATION FOR YOUR IRELAND ELOPEMENT
Finding the perfect place to stay the night before and the night of your elopement is a must! When my husband and I eloped back in 2015, we stayed in the most perfect log cabin, we have such great memories from there.
I am obsessed with air b&b’s, I love researching them, finding the most unique and quirky places. I love helping my couples find the perfect place to stay when they Elope in Ireland.
Before you book your accommodation, you should consider a few things first
- How far is your accommodation from your ceremony spot? If you plan to Elope in the North Coast, then you are in luck. There are so many amazing air b&b’s to choose from. Just bare in mind how far the drive will be to your ceremony location. There are some beautiful air b&b’s close to Dunluce Castle and Giants Causeway
- If you are bringing guests, you can get a larger house to host dinner in that evening. If everyone chips in you can hire somewhere truly epic, for example, check out this house, its an old victorian home that will make you never want to leave. BOVAGH HOUSE