IRELAND ELOPEMENT GUIDE
My guess is you are here right now on this page because you are thinking about eloping to Ireland. There really is no better place in the world to elope than here, in little old Ireland. Whether your Ireland elopement will be just the two of you or an intimate gathering of the closest people in your life, I am here to help you through this next epic adventure and make sure you have your most memorable and authentic day ever!
As your photographer, I am here to guide you through the process. I only take a selected number of intimate weddings and elopements a year so that I can give you my full and undivided attention because your day is super important to me. I am invested in my couples and want to build real a connection with you, become friends, get to know you both so you can have the best day ever. I can’t wait to hear about your elopement plans.
Ireland is my backyard; I know all the most amazing and secret locations and I am saving those places FOR YOU!! I know the most stunning trails, time of day to visit to get that perfect light, and any permits you may need. I have a perfect list of vendors I have worked with in the past for elopements that will be more than happy to help you on your journey. Your Ireland elopement is sorted!!
How do you elope in Ireland?
I think elopements are a beautiful and authentic way to get married. It’s the perfect way to start your adventure together. You can create the day of your dreams with absolutely no hassle from anyone telling you how to get married.
1. First drop me an email with your rough idea on when you would like to elope, we can arrange a call and start from there!
2. once you have set a date booked I will then send you guys an elopement guide with location ideas after getting to know you over the phone or email if that’s what you prefer along with some tips and tricks about almost everything you will need to know.
3. Come to Ireland and have the best day ever!! Yup, it’s that easy. I am so excited for you!!
In all seriousness, In Ireland, you have a choice between a Civil, Symbolic, Humanist, Spiritual, and Religious ceremony. If you are opting for a legally-binding marriage, that will be recognized in your home country, your ceremony location must fulfill two requirements:
1. It must have a postal address or identifiable landmark (i.e. it cannot simply in the middle of a random field)
2. It must be accessible to the public
Most of my couples have chosen to have a Symbolic blessing ceremony where they exchange vows and rings but sign the dotted line at home where the process may be simpler. They choose to do this either before they come here or when they get back to celebrate with their friends and family. Don’t let the paperwork get in the way of your elopement plans. You can choose to do the paperwork another day, this will not take away from your wedding day or make it any less than.
Ireland elopement locations
If you are into castle ruins like Dunluce castle, cliff tops, the rugged green Irish scenery with those sheep that you see in the movies, then I have great news for you. The North Coast ( which is pretty much my back yard as I am never away from that place) has all of this and more. These locations are incredible for your Ireland elopement. They showcase Ireland exactly how you would imagine Ireland to be. I can show you these hidden gems for exchanging your vows, for those truly beautiful backdrops for your photos that you will look back on with so much love and happiness because you had the day you dreamt about. I will be your guide and photographer! If you want to get some ideas on what I am talking about checking out this blog post on TOP PLACES TO ELOPE IN IRELAND
Bringing guests to your elopement?
If you are thinking of having a small intimate wedding of around 25 – 30 people, no problem, some of these locations will also work and are very handy for people to get to. Or if you are hoping for a location with some indoor backup, here are a few locations that I think are also perfect for your small, intimate wedding.
· Larchfield Estate located in the North Coast which is right near all the stunning locations for your portraits including Dunluce Castle. Larchfield is a family-run, exclusive venue. The 600-acre countryside haven grants exclusive use to couples for their wedding day, with stunning indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception options.
· Bovagh House isn’t technically a wedding venue, its an air b&b BUT its Historic Georgian Manor House is set in the idyllic countryside surrounded by fields, acres of woodland. It is right next to the iconic locations that are perfect for your elopement photos, like the Giants Causeway, Dunluce Castle, Dark Hedges the list goes on. It is ideal for small wedding groups to stay and celebrate afterward with dinner.
· Gougane Barra Hotel Nestled in the Derrynasaggart mountains in a unique location on the lakeside in Co Cork. This location is insanely magical. You can choose to either have your ceremony in the little tiny chapel or outdoors amongst the forest. Then celebrate back at the hotel with a pint of Guinness.
· Belle Isle Castle – Is the ultimate fairy-tale castle for small intimate weddings. A 17th-century castle on an idyllic island in Northern Ireland’s Fermanagh lakelands, Belle Isle is an enchanted setting for civil wedding ceremonies and receptions. The castle itself is the embodiment of romantic, old-world charm.
What’s the best time of year to have your Ireland Elopement?
There is no right or wrong answer here. But I would always say no matter where you plan to get married, sunrise or sunset would be the best time for those beautiful soft light shots. As the Irish weather is so unpredictable all year round (that’s is not a bad thing) that means you can get married here at any time of the year which is awesome. I personally love all four seasons here. If you are into moody, dark shots I would get married in the winter. Be careful about the tourist season and the location you have chosen. For example, if you are hoping to get married at the Giants Causeway or the Cliffs of Moher, I would choose off-season so you have fewer people about.
If you choose to elope at sunrise it can be quite cold depending on the time of year BUT….there is virtually no one around, especially if you want to check out locations like the dark hedges beforehand ( one of the most popular locations with tourists) Also bear in mind, here in Ireland over the summer months of May, June, and July, sunrise is at around 4.30-5 am. For SUNSET you have a bit longer for those beautiful soft light shots. Again, here in Ireland, sunset in the summer is around 10-11 pm depending on the weather.
What’s included in my Ireland elopement package?
FOR NORTHERN IRELAND IT STARTS FROM £1400 Get in touch for a full pricing guide here
Your custom built elopement
I will send you a questionnaire to get to know you both, it asks everything about what you are dreaming about for your day. I will then send you some epic location ideas and help you find that dream location. You will get a vendor recommendation list if needed. I will help you as much as you need to create your dream intimate wedding or elopement day.
ALL YOUR PHOTOS You will receive all your images in high resolution, all edited with unlimited downloads, with sharing and personal printing rights.
MY TRAVEL IS COVERED IF WITHIN NORTHERN IRELAND
Are you ready to start planning your dream elopement in Ireland?
Lets Talk. I would love to hear about your Ireland elopement ideas and plans and of course be there to document it :)
Also if you are on Instagram make sure to follow me HERE for more adventures